Saturday, June 19

Eric Garcia: Cassandra French’s Finishing School for Boys

From the cover-

Cassandra French is a twenty-nine-year-old business affairs lawyer for a movie studio in Los Angeles. She has a creepy, platitudinous boss; a mother who is under house arrest for telemarketing fraud; and two best friends: studio exec Claire, who’s sleeping with her shrink, and Lexi, a blond man-magnet of a yoga instructor. Oh, and she also has three handsome young men chained to cots in her basement. They’re enrolled in Cassandra French’s Finishing School for Boys.
Things start to get a little complicated when Jason Kelly, Hollywood’s
biggest heartthrob, tries to seduce Cassie into fudging a contract issue on one of his movies. That’s no way to treat a lady-and Cassie has just the cure.

This is probably a good book. I can’t say for sure one way or another because I gave up at page nine. Why? I simply can’t put my finger on it. Certainly the story line appeals to me or I would never have picked up the book in the first place. And though I really wanted to, I couldn’t connect with the main character at all. Something about the writing style irritated me to the point where I couldn’t continue and I’m so disappointed because I really, really wanted to read this book.
It’s possibly just me. Give it a go-you may like it.-Lynn

No comments: