Saturday, April 26

More Book Lust - Nancy Pearl

Less a sequel than a companion piece to Book Lust, More Book Lust explores other favourite books, arranged topically. As witht he first of librarien Pearl's books, I found a number of interesting-sounding titles to add to my wanted listed, and a few authors who sounded promising. And, also like the original, I was frustrated by the lack of information about many of the titles - were they just chosen because there weren't enough other titles for this category, or is this book particulalry special? If so, why?
If you're interested in expanding your reading, or in exploring a particular genre, regional area, or theme, this is for you. And as I start seeking out and reading some of Pearl's recommendations I'll feed back my thoughts. - Alex

No comments: